Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Today is Mother's Day, y'all.  I survived and had a great day!  Woo-hoo!!  I have learned that the best way to survive these holidays are to have low, make that NO, expectations.  That is what I did, and it worked!

My day started at 8:30 (!) with breakfast in bed!  Doug and Kinsey brought me a delicious breakfast and then went downstairs with Ben so that I could eat in silence!  Heaven!  I chowed down on my grub, slugged down my Starbuck's and then they came up and jumped on me and gave me homemade cards.  They were too cute!  The bottom of Doug's said, "Let's go get a dishwasher!"  woo-hoo!!!!  I don't know what has happened to my life, but a new appliance goes a LONG way to make me happy!  Our current one is CRAP, so on Wednesday, we will finally be eating off of clean plates!  What a novel idea!  :)

Also, on Saturday, Doug and Kinsey created our new garden.  I can't wait to see what happens with that.  They worked hard on it, so I hope that we get SOMETHING out of it.  We shall see.  Kinsey is in charge of watering it, so that could either be very good or very bad!

Here is a chance for you to see the kind of thing that I have to live with every day.  Insanity!





So, once you have stopped laughing at the video, I would like you to pause and silently thank my mother for being so awesome!  I don't tell her enough, but she is the coolest chick ever and I am so grateful that I got to be the one to grow up with her.  But, as good of a mother as she is, she is an even better grandmother and my kids are the luckiest kids ever.  They always know that they are loved and that they are special when she is around.  Nobody is better than our Yaya!!  Thanks, mom!  I love you!

1 comment: