Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Catching up...

All sorts of stuff has been going on in the last two weeks.  Would you like a recap???  Well, the BIGGEST thing is that Yaya and Papa came for a visit.  That's always super fun and this was no different.  That little Ben has Papa wrapped around his finger.  It's not every day that you see a 63 year old man forced to lay on the floor and watch Barbie Fairytopia with his grandson, but that's what our Papa does!!!  We are big fans of Barbie in this house, so it's go Barbie or go home!  :)

Also, Doug and I hit the road yet again for a fun trip to Vegas.  This time we went alone to celebrate our seventh anniversary.  We had a wonderful time and got to see the show Love.  It was amazing.  We also had THE BEST DINNER EVER at Sushi Samba.  If anyone ever goes to Vegas, you must eat there.  I can't stop thinking about it!!

Kinsey wrapped up her school year and got ONE entire week off before she started back to preschool.  I keep her in school year-round so that she doesn't get out of the routine.  Is that mean?  Her first real summer vacation will be next summer, since kindergarten isn't offered in the summer.  If it was, she would be there!!

But, here is the biggest news ever......the TRAMPOLINE is up!  woo!!!  Kinsey is amazing already!  Me?  not so much.  Kinsey has it rigged up so that the hose runs over it and she jumps in her swimsuit.  How fun is that?  So, being the cool mom that I am, thought that I would give it a shot.  I get on the trampoline, jump three times and pee myself.  Lovely.  (Is that too much information?)

Our other big news??  Ben has his BIG BOY bed!  Not that he is allowed to sleep in it or anything, but it's cute!  Sadly, my son will be forced to sleep in a crib for the duration of his stay here in my home.  I am thinking that that is the only way that he and I will get along.  I like having a napper!  (Here is a picture of the bed for Karen A.!!  I am thinking that Emmett would like something similar, what do you think?)






1 comment:

  1. I can't even fathom what excitement that would bring to our home. Not gonna do it! Too much CARS crap as it is.....

    ReplyDelete