Sunday, March 15, 2009

A nice weekend--it is over yet???

So, we took advantage of our babysitting co-op to have a date on Friday night.  It was very nice to get out together and we went to see Slumdog Millionaire.  Excellent movie!  Pretty heavy stuff for a date night, but excellent.  Go see it!

Saturday was my turn to babysit.  Not too bad--the kids went to bed at 7:00!  How can I get some kids like that?  I got to hang out in someone else's house and watch tv until almost 11.  This babysitting thing is a racket!  I can't believe that we paid $10 an hour for that!  This co-op is the best thing ever!

I suppose I should update you on my personal training extravaganza!  I had my 4th session on Friday and it was all about CORE.  (you know, abs and stuff!)  So, I worked hard and today and I still feeling the burn!  I hate doing it when I am there, but it is so awesome!  This was the best birthday present ever!  And, next Friday is my 5th and final session, but I talked Doug into letting me get 5 more.  (All it took was for me to give him permission to go on a golf trip--grrrrrrrr!!!)

So, you know my girl, Kinsey?  She decided to change her name to Sara.  Why?  I have NO idea.  She just informed me that her name has changed and I should address her as Sara from here on out.   I suppose I can do that, but I refuse.  I named her Kinsey, dammit!  Don't mess with it!  (But, I think that it is funny nonetheless!)

So, we have been struggling with Kinsey (i mean Sara) having accidents.  I am not sure what is going on, but she has them randomly.  I have been trying all sorts of different tactics to get her to stop, but my latest is the one that I am sticking with...
A few days ago I was playing with her on the floor.  When she got up, I noticed that she had had an accident while we were playing.  I took her into the bathroom to deal with her, and she said, "Mommy, are you mad?"  I said, "I'm not mad, Kinsey--i mean Sara--I am just sad."  So, that was it.  I dropped it and went into the laundry room to throw her stuff in the washer.

A few minutes later she comes in and hands me a folded up note.  Then, she turns and walks away.  I open the note, and there is a big heart on one side and the other side says, "I AM SRE FR HAV ENG AKSDT IN DER  SARA LOVES MOMMY"  (Translation:  I am sorry for having an accident in there.  Sara loves Mommy."

Is that the smartest kid on earth, or what?  I am going to save that note forever!  Let's see if the accidents stop.  I am sure that I will end up with an entire drawer full of notes by the time she is a teenager!!

No comments:

Post a Comment