Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Back to the silly side o' things!

Ok, enough of being serious. Whew! That kind of thing wears me out! I would much rather chuckle at the nonsense that comprises my daily life.

Case in point: Today, Ben and I were playing with Doug's poker chips. (Doug had a poker party over the weekend, so my lovely dining room table, that I waited 8 years for, is now covered in green felt. Sigh.) Anyway, I though that Ben just wanted to build things with the chips. So, I was all into making my cool tower until I glanced over at him. He had 4 smaller stacks of chips in front of him and he was looking at me. When I saw him, he got a HUGE grin, and shoved all of the chips forward. He said, "Mommy! I'm all in!!!" Hahahaha! I believe that my husband has been spending a little too much time with Ben when I am not around!

So, the latest development that I am trying to ignore is that Ben wants to give up his naps. I throw him in his cage every afternoon, but he just hangs out and throws crap all over his room. (You would think that I would stop giving him crap, but I suppose I haven't yet learned that lesson.) What am I going to do if he stops napping? Hello?? I will have zero free time. ZERO!! I knew that he would give up his naps when we moved him to his big bed, but that was MY choice. Not his! Why on earth am I raising a child to make his own decisions. Bad Mommy!

I feel the need to throw in a tidbit about my girl. She and I have been spending a lot of time together lately talking about her behavior and how we can get that under control. I am not naive enough to think that we have a handle on her hysteria, but perhaps we have made a little progress? At least now, when she is flipping out having a major meltdown, I can haul her ass upstairs and throw her in her room with no guilt. It is one of her pre-determined "calming places"!

One more thing...Kinsey had her 6 year checkup on Friday. Have I mentioned that? (Note--the "calming place" is a suggestion from the doctor, I am not smart enough to come up with that geniusness! (I know it's not a word, but I'm going with it!)) Back to the appointment...my girl is 51.5 inches tall, 55 pounds. The doctor just said, "You know that she is totally off of the growth charts, right?" I'm like, "DUH!" So, if I am doing my math correctly, which of course I am, she has grown 28.5 inches in her 6 years of life. That averages out to 4.75 inches a year! Sheesh!!! No wonder I can't find any friggin' pants to fit this kid. Thank goodness that spring is coming--capris and shorts and skirts from here on out!

(Not that weather plays any part in what she wears on a regular basis. Since she gets to pick out her own clothes on the weekends, please lay your eyes on the ensemble that she assembled for the Super Bowl Party. Sigh.)







No comments:

Post a Comment