Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yikes, it has been a while!!

I am not going to go into some long winded explanation as to why I've been gone so long, You should just be happy that I am back! :)

So, I am sitting at my computer reflecting on the last 3 years in the life of my little guy, Ben. Exactly 3 years ago, I was laying in a hospital bed with the sweet nectar of my epidural dripping into my veins and watching The Family Stone with Doug. It would be another 7 hours or so before he made his appearance, so I just remember being excited, nervous, and delightfully drugged! I couldn't wait to find out if I was having a boy or a girl. I gotta tell ya, I am SO glad that it was my Ben. I couldn't ask for a better (or cuter!) son. I love ya, Buster Brown! (In fact, just yesterday, he came up to me and said, "Mommy, my name is Buster Brown!" Nice!)

So, enough of the sappiness. What am I going to do with a 3 year old BOY?? Kinsey started kindergarten 3 weeks ago, so me and Buster are kickin' it on a regular basis. So far, I have learned that one of his favorite things to do is RUN full speed into my thigh. So, thanks to my boy, I have a lovely collection of bruises that make me look like an abused person. Gracias, Senor Buster Brown!

What's going on with Kinsey, you ask? Well, she is super friggin' tall and super friggin' smart! She is in all day kindergarten at our local Christian school and she loves it. It is the cutest thing to see her in her little collared shirts and khaki pants every day. I am so glad that she loves school. I hope that it continues! Currently, she seems to be little miss popularity, but I am afraid that it will all come crashing down one of these days. Last week I was walking her into school and we heard a little voice coming from behind us saying, "KINSEY!!! KINSEY!!!" She turns around and says, "Hi Ayla!!!". We continue walking and a little girl is waiting at the door, and she says, "HI KINSEY!!!!" Kinsey says, "Hey Jordan!!!". We continue into the school and as we are hanging up her backpack, a cute little boy says, "KINSEY!! HI KINSEY!!!". She actually looks at him and says, "Oh, whatever." Lovely. How old is she again? I thought that she was 5, but maybe she is really 15!!!!

I will leave you with the cutest picture of my soon to be 3 year old Ben. (Note the scratch on his nose...it was self inflicted, thanks to the fingernails that I forgot to cut. Whoops!) Also, feast your eyes on my little 5 year old. This is what she does now when I pull out the camera. Apparantly she thinks that her modeling career is going to take off right there in my kitchen!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment