Thursday, January 28, 2010

ok, am I ever going to get it together?

Every time I get hassled by Karen, I make a promise to myself that I am going to do better about writing on my blog! Well, guess what happened? That's right---hassle! So, here I am. Actually, this is a good time to update all of my many, many followers on what is going on with me. My life is a three ring circus--can you handle it???

So, in the first ring we have a kindergartner!! woop woop! Kinsey rocks at school. She is BRILLIANT!! AMAZING!! OUTSTANDING! She will amaze you with her reading skills! She will blow your mind with her vocabulary and penmanship. She is truly, one of a kind!

But, of course there has to be a downside. Right? Here it is---my AMAZING kindergartner makes my life a living HELL in the mornings! I simply cannot believe that she is only six years old, yet she is unable to wake up for school. She has been the recipient of a lovely Hello Kitty alarm clock that gives her plenty of time to ease out of her peaceful slumber into some semblance of consciousness, but that is not enough. Oh no. It requires a minimum of ten minutes of "MOMMY!! IT IS TOOOOOOOOO EARLY!!! WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP?? I AM TIIIIIIIIIIRED!!" Are you 16? NO! You are SIX! Get out of bed! sheesh! But, as soon as she gathers her wits and her blankets and hauls herself downstairs for breakfast, she is generally becoming human again. But, those ten minutes? PURE HELL!

Ok, in ring number two we have a little boy who refuses to pee on the potty! You will be amazed as you watch him kick and scream and run away from his poor mother who is merely trying to put underwear on him. You will tell your friends about the little guy who looks like an angel, but can pee on the floor the second you turn your back!

What am I going to do with this guy? Seriously!!! He is 3 years and 4 months old. That is plenty old to not sit around in your own pee for hours on end. It is plenty old to tell me that he has to pee and then go do it! I have been changing diapers for 6 years straight and I am over it!!

Please check out the below picture. Don't they both look like a handful? How I am surviving this Mommy thing is beyond me!


In the center ring....we have DOUG!!! I don't really have a lot of drama with him, but I thought that he deserved the center ring! Isn't that nice of me? He has been traveling a lot lately, so I feel like a single mom, but what are you gonna do?

So, that is my update. Stay tuned to follow the hugely successful potty training journey that I am about to embark upon. (I have decided that if I can't do it, I am outsourcing the job! Any takers?)

No comments:

Post a Comment